Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Craycort grills

Options
Just wondering if anyone had used their products, they sell grills that have removable sections (shaped like a Mercedes emblem)? I picked on up so t hat I could add more wood chunks o long smokes.
HFX NS

Comments

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    I have one for my 22" weber kettle. They are truly great
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options

I recalled that @nibblemethis had mentioned craycourt grills-here's his comments/endorsement-

BTW-his recipes are great-give them a shot!

http://www.nibblemethis.com/p/products-i-endorse.html 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    I have one for my large and I like it. I use it for a solid 75% of my cooks. I have heard others complain that they don't fit properly, but I have not had this issue.   
    My opinion is if you plan on removing to drop more chunks than you will most likely love it, if you just want to get a cast iron than grid save yourself a few bucks and get one from BGE.
  • jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    Options
    I use a Craycort cast iron grate in my Weber. Good product but it does make the grill top heavy when moving it. I wish there was a way to make the surface truly flat. The seams of the 4 quadrants get in the way sometimes, e.g. trying to brown up a huge pile of onions (the onion pieces get lodged in the seams). Minor complaints, just FYI.
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    My neighbor, Nibble me this, uses one on his large all the time and seems to love it.  Sure he will chime in soon.  it is a pretty cool set up.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN