Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best BBQ in Lockhart?

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
Going to have lunch in Lockhart Saturday, which is the best BBQ...?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Blacks is the best I think, but everyone has there own likes and dislikes.
    I know Villiage Idiot also is a Blacks fan.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If you want brisket, blacks is it. If you want sausage Smitty's and Kruez. I do not like te brisket at all at Smittys or Kreuz. You could drive another 14 miles to Luling and hit City Market for brisky. Good but still not as good as you can get right here in ATX. Their sauce is my favorite anywhere though.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker any recommendations for ribs?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Blacks for brisket and beef ribs.   Smitty's for sausage and when they have the pit dead on Clod at Kruez.  City market in Giddings is good too as is the City Market in Lulling and Gonzales.
    Pork ribs can be a hit or miss.  Pork seems to take second place to beef. 

Tried the q at It's All Good in Spicewood and it was pretty good.  I have pork ribs4/5 other half had brisket and that was some good melt in your mouth tender tasty beef.  We are going back just to make sure.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Arbucklej
    Arbucklej Posts: 90
    Options
    Blacks for brisket and city market in luling and franklin bbq in austin...tip on franklin get there early cuz they sell out quick