Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,499
    I'll play. :-c
    IMG_0943.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,253
    Watch out man, my momma's black.

• BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    ...just trying to change the subject...QUICKLY!!!

Based on those eats, I think the best place to live is with Smokey!

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • lewisj82lewisj82 Posts: 53
    I was raised here near Houston and here's how crazy I am... I lived in beautiful, sunny, hardly any rain, NO humidity San Diego for about five years while I was in the Navy and I moved BACK to hotter than hell, random rainstorms, humid like you would not imagine Houston.

What can I say... I missed brisket and Shiner Bock beer. 

BGE XL- Tomball, TX- Texas BBQ... with a Cajun accent.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,140
    JRWhitee said:
    I'll play. :-c
    Nice job getting us to page 3! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • mark_08mark_08 Posts: 37
    I love living in Texas!! Wouldn't wanna be anywhere else!!
    Medium Egg. Huntsville, TX
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,681
    I'm not trying to offend.. I'm working as a case worker and most people I'm working with are single black families. There great people, equals for sure.. But there is this depressed mind set that there unable to change their stars(a knights tale) and it's frustrating that their teaching their kids to give up so early in life
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 878
    edited June 2013
    Texas is great. Houston??? Not so much. Lived 18 years there and got out as quick as I could. Three weeks after HS grad I was in basic training
    Hill country is the greatest and I'd move there in a second if I could
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,784
    I'm not trying to offend.. I'm working as a case worker and most people I'm working with are single black families. There great people, equals for sure.. But there is this depressed mind set that there unable to change their stars(a knights tale) and it's frustrating that their teaching their kids to give up so early in life
    You've never been to Appalachia. Different folks, same strokes. 
    Is Appalachia in NC or VA.. I feel like I just got gas there on my travels back to Fl
    Is Appalachia in NC or VA.. I feel like I just got gas there on my travels back to Fl
    Both. Plus parts of Ohio, Tennessee, WV, and Kentucky, PA, Alabama, NY, MS, GA, SC, and MD.

Deep Appalachia mostly(think coal country). I lived there for 5 years while my mom was a Lieutenant Commander in the Public Health Service. Exact same issues. Just white people instead. Some are so secluded they still have slight British accents from colonial times. Absolutely fascinating. 
    Yeah! Exactly.. Move on and conquer
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    I've lived in extremes. Born and raised in the south but lived in Fairbanks, AK for 8+ years.  Been 110 with the high humidity of the south and have been to -62 in AK.  Loved the summers in Alaska where normal temps were in the upper 60's to lower 70's but I'll take the weather down here all year compared to the months of cold and dark up there.

Only advantage to the cold is that you can always put more clothes on.  Can only strip down too much before the cops come and take you away (at least in the South).

For me the greatest attraction to the south is the people and the way of life.  
    CharlieTN said:
    I've lived in extremes. Born and raised in the south but lived in Fairbanks, AK for 8+ years.  Been 110 with the high humidity of the south and have been to -62 in AK.  Loved the summers in Alaska where normal temps were in the upper 60's to lower 70's but I'll take the weather down here all year compared to the months of cold and dark up there.

Only advantage to the cold is that you can always put more clothes on.  Can only strip down too much before the cops come and take you away (at least in the South).

For me the greatest attraction to the south is the people and the way of life.  
    This is precisely why I enjoy the 4 seasons. There is no such thing as "too cold" for me. Can't strip skin off when it is too hot. The only way I will move back down south is if I am within a 5 minutes of the ocean. 
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 436

Both. Plus parts of Ohio, Tennessee, WV, and Kentucky, PA, Alabama, NY, MS, GA, SC, and MD.

Deep Appalachia mostly(think coal country). I lived there for 5 years while my mom was a Lieutenant Commander in the Public Health Service. Exact same issues. Just white people instead. Some are so secluded they still have slight British accents from colonial times. Absolutely fascinating. 
    What part of coal country were you in?  I'm a hillbilly from Appalachia and am quite familiar with that part of the world.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• StreetgliderStreetglider Posts: 103
    Humidity is one of the reasons that Southern ladies are so beautiful. Keeps their skin from looking like leather.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories

What part of coal country were you in?  I'm a hillbilly from Appalachia and am quite familiar with that part of the world.
    @Hokie_Smoker, Cherokee County, NC. My mom was delivering babies at the hospital in Murphy. We lived in Brasstown. As "middle of nowhere" as it gets.
  • AcnAcn Posts: 598
    I agree with preferring cold over heat.  I moved from Maine to DC and then Baltimore 14 years ago, but have not adjusted to the heat and humidity at all.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,739
    Acn said:
    I agree with preferring cold over heat.  I moved from Maine to DC and then Baltimore 14 years ago, but have not adjusted to the heat and humidity at all.  
    True dat! We get damp cold most of the winter in the lee of the great lakes and its not nice but you can always put more on.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ok not to re-hash a super old posting here..but i was reminded of this post and decided to do an update.

Florida..really is not that bad.  I have actually enjoyed walking outside and always having pretty consistent temperatures.  The beach is two hours away, disney is 4 hours away same for Atlanta.  If there's one thing i cant stand its the low economic black families.  Im not racist and I def. am not opposed to black people, my wife is from Kenya afterall(though she's white..so i dunno) But 1. I cant understand the cajun/blackaneze language. 2. there's this inherint "were still slaves" mentality.  Grow up already.

But besides that its been an absolute blast.  It sucks being so close to a large Universtiy because everyone thinks im related to FSU somehow and if im not im obviously a Gator fan..which is also not true.
    We found a pretty cool bunch of people at church and they keep us up.  I have provided many a egg delicacies and have TONS of people hooked on egg food.  The only thing that is lacking is 1. Good BBQ restaurants, 2. BBQ stores.  I have the big stores(Lowes, Target, BB and Beyond, and Home Depot..) but nothing that is JUST BBQ like i had in Colorado.

henapple and I were just discussing at lunch today that it was getting a little boring on here and we were due for a blow up. Well, here she goes..................

@mountaindewbass: I think this would be a good time to say "oh my god, my account has been hijacked, that wasn't me" so we all don't think you are an ignorant asswipe.

I'm so glad you found a church of like minded people. Shocking.

And no, having a white wife from kenya does not make you NOT a racist. It does not make you NOT an idiot either (although the jury is certainly out on her).

What a tool.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,258
    oops, forgot about texans, its still pc to talk about canadians and texans
    :D
  • oops, forgot about texans, its still pc to talk about canadians and texans
    correct.

I thought education causes pc to go out the door? Mature adults maybe? OrMaybe feeble minds don't understand and that causes hostility? We shall see
    Also.. My pastor is black. Shocking again @centex
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,739

oops, forgot about texans, its still pc to talk about canadians and texans
    correct.

It's OK with us Texans

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,253
    edited June 2013
    Hey, my president is black, so I know I'm not a racist.

(and my momma)

So.. Wow. This got way out of control. Sorry if I offended people that was not my intent.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,686
    I think it's best if this thread just dies a quick death and gets lost several pages in, or is simply deleted.

XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

• finsterfinster Posts: 123
    No time to play, headed to the beach.  
    MBGE in Charleston