Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Solson005 said:

What a great thing to come home from vacation and have a package waiting to be opened! Thank you Tony I will figure out a great meal to try out all the goodies and make a post about it! 

Hope you like it. The peach rub is great on spatchcock chicken. I had someone give me some of their stuff and have been ordering it since. I hate I didn't have time to handpick items but Loveless cafe is a Nashville institution. If you're around... I'll be cutting through okc probably Sunday... I'll have a little Ozark if Centex doesn't take it all.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I've heard of the Loveless Cafe but never been. I just swung by Harps in Grove, OK to restock my OO stash. So no need to save any bags for me. I will try it on some chicken soon! Thanks again!!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @Double - Larry's Smoke house is that in Mill Creek? As my first name is Larry, stopped there a couple of months ago for salmon. Great sauce....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214

@Double - Larry's Smoke house is that in Mill Creek? As my first name is Larry, stopped there a couple of months ago for salmon. Great sauce....

Yep it's right next to the range I go to. Let me know when your next down we can go grab lunch.

Lynnwood WA
  • Skiddymarker
    double said:
    Yep it's right next to the range I go to. Let me know when your next down we can go grab lunch.
    Deal. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Solson005 said:

I've heard of the Loveless Cafe but never been. I just swung by Harps in Grove, OK to restock my OO stash. So no need to save any bags for me. I will try it on some chicken soon! Thanks again!!

Do they have a good price?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • meat73
    meat73 Posts: 140
    Glad to see it all made it @Eggcelsior hope you like it
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited June 2013
    $5ish a bag, I think there is one in Tulsa too @henapple
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    This is so cool! MCN had a great idea eh? Or did he think of the throwdown..or was it both?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• We are so lucky to have a bunch of idea guys!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Some have ideas first and some have them second...it's all good

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665

I didn't realize I was second, couldn't see you standing there till I looked down :-\"

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    It's really all praise to @cazzy , we're just yacking till someone does the grunt work!

XLBGE 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I didn't realize I was second, couldn't see you standing there till I looked down :-\"
    Oh no hi di-int girlfriend! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    cazzy said:
    Well...mailed off my stuff.
    Thanks for setting up a 1:1 exchange Nola! We'll get ya in there officially next time...unless you take another break! Lol
    Actually, it was Scott's (scooter759) idea.  And a damn good one...I was feeling (*sniff*) left out....

I was kicking myself in the the butt for snoozing on this great idea so it was a no brainer when I saw NOLA missed out too. NOLA, I think your first package should be there Monday via UPS.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Wheres my Elf hiding? I should let him know its my birthday on Saturday so it would be a good day for it to arrive :-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    cazzy said:
    Well...mailed off my stuff.
    Thanks for setting up a 1:1 exchange Nola! We'll get ya in there officially next time...unless you take another break! Lol
    Actually, it was Scott's (scooter759) idea.  And a damn good one...I was feeling (*sniff*) left out....

I was kicking myself in the the butt for snoozing on this great idea so it was a no brainer when I saw NOLA missed out too. NOLA, I think your first package should be there Monday via UPS.
    Sweet! Thanks Scott.  Yours will be there tomorrow last I checked.
    Why don't you just say it. You don't like me because I'm black

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    No I just don't like you, because you haven't set up a poutine exchange for 2013
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Little Steven
    Have I asked you where you were? I saw the reference to TB

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    No but am in TB. 

We don't have poutine here. 

Spent many a college weekend in Montreal and poutine may still be the greatest food group ever esp good at 2am
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    thetrim said:
    No I just don't like you, because you haven't set up a poutine exchange for 2013
    He's doing everyone a favor...
    :))
    I included some bake apple syrup in mine I hope that's ok...us Newfs don't have sauces up the yin yang like the rest of ye fellers!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Little Steven
    thetrim said:
    No but am in TB. 

We don't have poutine here. 

Spent many a college weekend in Montreal and poutine may still be the greatest food group ever esp good at 2am
    Especially when combined with a Mike's sous-marin and beer!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    thetrim said:
    Don't knock what you haven't tried. If done properly its as good as boudin

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    thetrim said:
    Don't knock what you haven't tried. If done properly its as good as boudin
    I kid! I kid!  It sounds good, I'd probably gain 20 pounds if I tried it.  I'm still trying to get a buddy to bring down some squeaky curds from Green Bay.  I'm gonna guess it was invented by a Canadian stoner. ;)
    What a cool package from ACN. I have not used any of the items before. You guys are always talking about the dirt products, can't wait. Am I the only person never to have Old Bay? Lots of new tastes to come. Aaron thank you. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Mickey, I will send you a shrimp burger recipe that will help you use the old bay
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Skiddymarker
    Old Bay, sometimes forget it is in the cupboard - great on shrimp on the Bar-B. SWMBO always like it mixed in burgers, haven't done that for a few years. The great thing about this exchange is seeing all the stuff you know about, but haven't used for some time as you are too busy trying the new stuff out. 
  • nolaegghead
    Old bay is one of my go-to spices for seafood.