Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ Guru and Pitpal

I just used my brand new CyberQ Wifi with the Android app Pitpal.  Great combination!  The CyberQ kept my pit within 3 deg of 250 and the Pitpal allowed me to monitor and control my Guru from my cellphone, as well as record all my cook so I can recreate it (or not) in the future.  It even sent alerts to my phone for high/low temp and timer alerts.  I highly recommend this combo!  Looking forward to an overnight cook.

Comments

• Rocket15Rocket15 Posts: 41

Infrastructure and yes, I can access it over the web from anywhere.

• Rocket15Rocket15 Posts: 41
    Sorry, I can access the Guru from anywhere but I haven't tried the app over the web.  Will let you know.
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    @mountaindewbass Have you tried putting the CyberQ outside of your router's firewall or forwarding port 80 to the CyberQ's IP and then using a dynamic DNS service to access the webpage?

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    @mountaindewbass I guess without having proper access to the router, you're kinda between a rock and a hard place.  How about setting up a VPN on the router and then connecting to the VPN on your phone?

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.