Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless leg of lamb

Options
Remaxpat
Remaxpat Posts: 13
I long to find a good source for bone in leg of lamb.  Well, all I can find are great boned legs at Cosco.  Being former military and a military brat, I have learned to improvise.  

I have finally mastered the boneless leg of lamb.... Or at least I think I have...(and you can stop reading if you don't like garlic)

Stuffing:  (I got the idea from this from someone online and now can't find them.  If anyone knows, would love to give credit where it is due)

2 cups of raw spinach
1/2 cup or more of pine nuts
ricotta cheese

have this done first.

Cook spinach in skillet, I use garlic infused olive oil or add a few minced cloves to EVOO
Brown pine nuts
mix in ricotta cheese to taste. 

Lamb prep:

I first take a bunch of garlic and cut it into slivers.  I take a knife and create slits every inch and insert a sliver of garlic.  I start the second row 1/2 inch in and it creates a checker board pattern.  I do this on both sides where thick enough and in the sides.  I then sprinkle with Koser salt and garlic powder.

I light the grill and get it up to about 600 degree and then sear lamb on both sides for 2 minutes.  Remove lamb and shut down BGE

While grill cools open to inside and put a few sprigs of rosemary down and cover with stuffing and either put back in stretching thing back on or tie it up with string.  They tuck some more rosemary in and around the strings.  I use 5 to 6 strings.  Don't pull too tight or you will squeeze out the spinach mix.

When grill is below 500, I dump a hand full of fresh rosemary on coals and put plate setter in feet up and put in drip pan and grill.  I sometimes put on a rack in a pan.  Either way, indirect until it reaches 135 internal on the thickest part.  A few times, I have had to cook some parts a little longer, but the end result is amazing.  I keep grill shut down till it gets to 350 and hold it around that temp.

I used to only eat lamb with mint jelly.  Have not even had jelly in house since BGE got here.

LBGE replaced a 22.5 Weber Kettle and Weber Gas grill.

Comments