Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT Gin and Tonic - My exploration

boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,261

As I have gotten a bit older ( not old yet), have started to appreciate quality over quantity.   Have been a seasonal drinker for some time, Scotch in the winter, Gin and Tonic in the summer.   Last couple of years have a fall Rum phase as a transition.   It is summer, thought I would share my Gin and Tonic exploration for anyone interested.

Was a long time Tanquie and Tonic drinker - liked the taste.  Now I have started to explore variations.   First picture are my current Gin choices.   Love the Rangpur (tanquery with a citrus flavor).   209 is something I found last summer - a bit of a bite, but very good to cut the dust.  Bombay Saphire is a staple - makes a great martini and wonderful with Tonic.   Back River, this is from a small winery in Maine ( google backriver maine).   They started doing this small batch gin a couple of years ago.  Fell in love with it.  Have been to their winery ( in a barn) and it is over the top good.  They have a scotch in production, last summer they told me it hadnt aged enough so they were going to wait another year before deciding if they would release it.  ( headed back there in August, so will have a scotch report.   Almost a cult following in maine for this Gin.

Second picture is the big item - started exploring different tonics.  The choice of tonic water makes all the difference in the world to my taste buds.  The middle one is the star, but either side are very good.   Bolyan Tonic ( middle) is a standard offering in NY/NJ, outside of there you have to get it off of Amazon.

There are n factorial drink combinations here - the different tonics with the different Gin's produce totally different tastes.

Anyway, thought I would through this out as a general information topic.   Have garnered the impression that this forum does enjoy a cocktail from time to time.

My .02 worth

imageimage
Cookin in Texas

Comments