Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thinking of getting one of these as a side burner for sauces, etc.

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Check it out - Camp stove that also charges your phone! 

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I actually have a 4 burner stove that I use for sauces, lol!

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

I actually have a 4 burner stove that I use for sauces, lol!

Yeah but does it charge your phone?
    :P

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    That is extremely interesting

XLBGE 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    the home burner they developed for use in under developed areas is interesting as well.  i would buy one just to support their cause.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I've thought about building a rocket stove. No phone stuff though. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Saw this at Mountain Equipment Co-Op, looks to be very well made. Price was about $130.
    I take it you do not have power close to your egg?  I'd think about getting an induction element, I'm currently using an old 9" coil hot plate or the side burner on my gasser. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Saw this at Mountain Equipment Co-Op, looks to be very well made. Price was about $130.
    I take it you do not have power close to your egg?  I'd think about getting an induction element, I'm currently using an old 9" coil hot plate or the side burner on my gasser. 

My gasser with side burner has been banished to the back of the yard and not really convenient. Will still fire it up for quick burgers or dogs, but too far to watch side burner and Egg at same time. I have power, just thought this was pretty cool. Don't camp much, but see it as useful when I do.