Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thinking of getting one of these as a side burner for sauces, etc.

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
Check it out - Camp stove that also charges your phone! 

Comments

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,971
    I actually have a 4 burner stove that I use for sauces, lol!

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    BYS1981 said:

I actually have a 4 burner stove that I use for sauces, lol!

Yeah but does it charge your phone?
    :P

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,132
    That is extremely interesting

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    the home burner they developed for use in under developed areas is interesting as well.  i would buy one just to support their cause.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,382
    I've thought about building a rocket stove. No phone stuff though. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,070
    Saw this at Mountain Equipment Co-Op, looks to be very well made. Price was about $130.
    I take it you do not have power close to your egg?  I'd think about getting an induction element, I'm currently using an old 9" coil hot plate or the side burner on my gasser. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Saw this at Mountain Equipment Co-Op, looks to be very well made. Price was about $130.
    I take it you do not have power close to your egg?  I'd think about getting an induction element, I'm currently using an old 9" coil hot plate or the side burner on my gasser. 

My gasser with side burner has been banished to the back of the yard and not really convenient. Will still fire it up for quick burgers or dogs, but too far to watch side burner and Egg at same time. I have power, just thought this was pretty cool. Don't camp much, but see it as useful when I do.