Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ready for taters

GQuiz
GQuiz Posts: 701
A vendor at work sells Pampered Chef. They're offering up some BBQ products. Grabbed this rack for cooking vegetables, specifically potatoes. The pieces that stick up are used to impale the tater and conduct heat to the middle. I'll see if it works this weekend... Only $10.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Let me get that beach front property ready that is just between you and San Antonio...... All in fun friend....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Pretty cool take up less real estate that way.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GQuiz
    @Mickey, I'm an optimist. I keep trying different doodads to go with my Egg. Last weekend was my first with a FireWire for the veggies. Worked magnificently. Used the PC prep cups and silicon brush for the marinade. They worked great. Think I'm on a heater here. Got the bear claws for the next Boston Butt and now my potato sled doohickey. It's all good.

• Mickey
    GQuiz   My friend I am poking fun at you as that is where I used to be. Lucky for me I have given away most of the stuff that that I had no where to keep anyway. I think I sent the firewires to Chubbs. I do have and use and keep the bearclaws. You just live down the road and I was just poking fun at what I used to do. The difference now is the buys cost a lot more and really hurt when I give them away. Friends still.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    interesting gizmo. Weber is selling spud spikes now to cook taters quicker. But they look nicer standing up on a rack!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GQuiz
    Always friends @Mickey. I look forward to meeting you in March. I know you're tugging on the chain. I'm still in discovery mode. All the knick knacks under $20 appeal to me because they're cheaper than the alternatives. Did get a chuckle out of beach reference... that would be Selma. Only time you hear beach there is with the word "some" in front of it. So if you're driving I-35 to SA, be careful. They're in Ford Explorers now. ;)

• Mickey
    edited June 2013
    @ GQuiz  At one time the two top 1 & 2 Speed Traps in Texas was Salma and Nolanville

• GQuiz
    Salado still have that little shop that sells the cut tin luminarias? Me and SWMBO made the trek before the kids, back in the days of $1.10 gasoline.

• Mickey
    GQuiz said:
    Salado still have that little shop that sells the cut tin luminarias? Me and SWMBO made the trek before the kids, back in the days of $1.10 gasoline.
    Several do at Christmas or Christmas in October.

• jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    I've tried similar thing and they dont help anything. One more thing to clean and store. But, it is only 10 bucks...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I use a pressure treated 2x4 with 16p nails hammered through it... Speaking of hammered....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Remaxpat
    Remaxpat Posts: 13
    I'm a San Antonio REALTOR.  And we have enough rivers,,, I could find something like a beach for you.  My sister gave me one of those for my birthday.  I like it because you don't have to puncture the potatoes more than just the once to cook them.  They do seem to cook better and doing whole onions on the grill is amazing.  I want to try it with stuffed green peppers.
    LBGE replaced a 22.5 Weber Kettle and Weber Gas grill.
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Rub the Taters done with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Kosher Salt then wrap them in foil or place in a covered foil pan a bake. The foil pan is a good idea if you want the wife speaking to you if you use her oven.
  • GQuiz
    GaryLange said:

Rub the Taters done with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Kosher Salt then wrap them in foil or place in a covered foil pan a bake. The foil pan is a good idea if you want the wife speaking to you if you use her oven.

Since I got the Egg, we've cut back the use of the oven in half. I like the idea of wrapping in foil, but I prefer the taste of the smoke.