Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still waiting for sale

jad
jad Posts: 70
I thought I read somewhere that ThermoWorks has open box sales on the Thermapens a few times a year? Seems like it has been a long while since then had one, anyone have and insight on when the next one might be.....

thanks

Cary NC

Comments

• awm
    awm Posts: 181
    I'm in the same boat as you. Just patiently waiting.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Go to the web site and sign up for the announcements. You will get email each one.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    I Waited For A While Also, Figured I Wouldn't Actually Save That Much So I went Ahead And Ordered One Last Month When They Had The Closeout Sale.... I Got The Most Accurate Pink One.... Works Great, If You Buy One Now You Won't Regret It....
    Rowlett, Texas
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Mickey said:
    Go to the web site and sign up for the announcements. You will get email each one.
    Does Mollyshark still sell them Mick?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    edited June 2013
    Mickey said:
    I have bought 4 (two for me and two gifts) from her over the years. But she just moved (getting settled in) and not sure she is back selling them.  Steven I just don't remember her bringing any to Salado this past March.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Little Steven  Just talked with Molly and not doing at the moment.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Trust me guys, it's worth buying one at full price to save your cooks now. If you want to wait for a a open box sale to do a gift or get a second one fine, but you save the extra money in food by having much more accurate cooks.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • I did check back through my old emails--looks like last open box sale this time of year was mid July 2012, so may be one coming up soon.

They also give away one per month to email subscribers--you can sign up on their facebook page to be automatically entered. 

You can buy 5 or more for $85 instead of $96 each, but they only ship all 5 to one address--so you would need a group buy by your neighbors. 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    They ran a sale not too long ago. If you bought two, they were 85 each. The deal included the units with custom colors. I bought 2 camo versions. Since they don't make them anymore, I be happy to sell my second one for 100. They are a collectors item now. Lol
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    Buy one now. It is so much better to cook to temperature then by looks. I was cooking the food way too much and now the guess work is gone.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • Ruin one steak and your sale price ain't a sale anymore :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Ruin one steak and your sale price ain't a sale anymore :))

Good point.  Any you don't necessarily get much of a choice in colors when they're on sale.  I had the choice between hello kitty pink and a Canuckistanian maple leaf.  Yep, mine's pink.

Ruin one steak and your sale price ain't a sale anymore :))

Good point.  Any you don't necessarily get much of a choice in colors when they're on sale.  I had the choice between hello kitty pink and a Canuckistanian maple leaf.  Yep, mine's pink.
    @nolaegghead You are just a troll!  I will file a report with Big Green Egg Canada.

Last open box sale I know of was in January. 

As for me, I wish I had my 100 bucks back. My older slower thermo was just fine, but I succumbed to all the proselytizers on the forums. I do love the Thermoworks' IR for pizza though. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 558
    For the few extra bucks I would reccomend buying a backlit version (too many attempts to read mine with a penlight in my teeth). Unfortunately the backlit version may not go on sale anytime soon.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Mickey said:

Mickey said:

I have bought 4 (two for me and two gifts) from her over the years. But she just moved (getting settled in) and not sure she is back selling them.  Steven I just don't remember her bringing any to Salado this past March.

Like you would remember a two hour conversation with her in Salado...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN