Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shun Limited Edition Chef's Knife...Decent price

frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Saw this on dealnews.com...seems like a good deal if anyone needs/wants a good chef's knife. Just thought I'd share!

L-BGE | Westminster, MD
·

Comments

• great knife for the money. Puts my Hinkel Fine Edges to shame (embarrassingly so).

I just got the Shun Ken Onion 8" chef's knife. It's got a rounded blade for chopping and it has ergonomic grips for the thumb and forefinger. It's a great knife (and goes through wives feet like butter). Really sets up nicely in the hand and man is it sharp!

Can't go wrong with Shun if you are looking for a great chef's knife. 

I hear great things about the $39 Victornox as well. I know several guys on here have that. I need to grab one just to try. For $39, what could it hurt?

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,855
    I hear great things about the $39 Victornox as well. I know several guys on here have that. I need to grab one just to try. For $39, what could it hurt?

Your wife's foot :P, although probably not as bad as the shun. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,855
    If you really want your knife to be full throttle

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • I hear great things about the $39 Victornox as well. I know several guys on here have that. I need to grab one just to try. For $39, what could it hurt?

Your wife's foot :P, although probably not as bad as the shun. 
    Excellent point. I could have use the extra $140 we spent on the shun to cover the $170 Dr. Bill I received today for what we now like to call "The Foot Incident"

·
  • If you really want your knife to be full throttle
    That is so Awesome. I think I have to get one. Anything called the "Knuckle Sandwich/Big Stick" By my boy has got to be mine.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,880
    FULL THROTTLE, MUTHAFLIPPAHS!

·
  • well now that I know the Knuckle Sandwich Big stick is only $39 as well, I believe the Victornox will have to wait.

·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 861
    I'm a Cutco knife fan for life. My first job in sales was selling those knives and I still full heartedly believe in them. Great product.
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 195
    I would not buy anything with the Food Network attached to it.
    ·
  • I would not buy anything with the Food Network attached to it.

Don't hate. It is my life's dream to own a full set of Rachael Ray non-stick cookwear, the entire Guy Fieri apparel collection, every Paula Deen cookbook, whatever Iron Chef America is selling, and this awesome "Knuckle Sandwich Big Stick by Guy. Oh yeah....Sandra Lee is HOT and she can semi-homemake anything she wants for me.

·
  • Say what you want, but my pair of Guy Fieri gloves are great!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,319
    edited June 2013
    nm

wrong thread.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,510
    I would not buy anything with the Food Network attached to it.

Don't hate. It is my life's dream to own a full set of Rachael Ray non-stick cookwear, the entire Guy Fieri apparel collection, every Paula Deen cookbook, whatever Iron Chef America is selling, and this awesome "Knuckle Sandwich Big Stick by Guy. Oh yeah....Sandra Lee is HOT and she can semi-homemake anything she wants for me.
    CT sold his kid's naming rights to Coke.
    ·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    Here's a great Shun blade for chopping veggies.

image.jpg 2.2M
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,200
    CGW1 said:

LOL..  If I'm not mistaken I have that same knife with just the tip broken off.  Might send it back to Shun....

Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
    @maskedmarvel...how did you manage to break off a tip that isn't even there?? Lol
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,880

·
  • avibugavibug Posts: 61
    woot.com has periodic offerings of Shun knives.  Sometimes individual knives, sometimes sets.  Worth keeping an eye out for the deals when they pop up.  I haven't bought one yet.  
    ·
  • RaymontRaymont Posts: 253
    My wife bought me the Shun Premier 8" chef for fathers day. $179 on amazon. Truly a beautiful knife, fantastic balance. It's a monster (big). I may be looking at a 6 inch next!  

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    CGW1 said:

LOL..  If I'm not mistaken I have that same knife with just the tip broken off.  Might send it back to Shun....

Actually, it's a nakiri knife, but you knew that.....

:))
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    @thenakedwhiz...correct, I've sold several of these already. Another great blade to consider is the sumo santoku in the premier line.
    ·
  • If you really want your knife to be full throttle
    Kill me.  No, wait.  Kill Guy.  That's much better, yeah.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·