Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

grid extender - shipping question

2»

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,951
    @lowflyer, you can order more.
    ·
  • chromerdonchromerdon Posts: 15
    Got mine yesterday thank you very much ;)
    ·
  • billsmebillsme Posts: 42

Mine arrived yesterday!  I was very happy to see how sturdy it is (and amazed they squeezed it into that shipping box).  I put it on my large with my CI grid on bottom and a Weber smokey joe cooking grate (13.5" I think).  It is very strong and no counterbalance issues when swung out given the weight of the CI.  Excited to be able to do quick reverse sears with my half stone underneath.  Thanks again to those who put this awesome deal together!

photoextend.JPG
    640 x 480 - 121K
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,356
    billsme said:

Mine arrived yesterday!  I was very happy to see how sturdy it is (and amazed they squeezed it into that shipping box).  I put it on my large with my CI grid on bottom and a Weber smokey joe cooking grate (13.5" I think).  It is very strong and no counterbalance issues when swung out given the weight of the CI.  Excited to be able to do quick reverse sears with my half stone underneath.  Thanks again to those who put this awesome deal together!

Nice!  I got mine as well.  I still haven't picked up the grate.  It looks like the Weber grate works just fine...I might go for one of those. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • billsmebillsme Posts: 42

Yeah, this weber grate seems like it will work good and I even tried it with both grids in a raised setting and I think it will still fit.  It handled the weight just fine too.  This is the one I bought (cooking not charcoal):

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7431-Cooking-Grate/dp/B000WEIKL0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1371647848&sr=8-5&keywords=weber+cooking+grate

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    McStew said:
    @scottborasjr thanks didn't want to give @CharlieTN a bad warp or the extender  .... it worked

Hell, I do that to VI's all the time. They still have not kicked him off. Well they gave it a shot and he moved from Houston to Austin to fool them.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,688
    Got mine on Monday. Can't wait to try it out.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 946
    still waiting on mine......  :((
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 734
    Just ordered 2 more.
    ·
  • SLOandSteadySLOandSteady Posts: 159
    Received! Thanks again for your effort in putting this together.
    ·