Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE in 1965

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Big Green Egg featured in Bon Appetit magazine in 1965. Wish I had seen it then. http://www.bonappetit.com/blogsandforums/blogs/badaily/2013/06/vintage-grilling-photos.html

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    I wish my dad had seen it then.  I could have been spared a lot of hamburgers that were indistinguishable from the charcoal briquets used to cook them. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options

or at least it's Doppleganger. According to the article it's The Famous Cook'n Ca'jun Charcoal Water Smoker.

Kamado's have been around for a while but Ed Fisher didn't start the BGE company until 1974.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Cool, nice find, thanks for sharing.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA