Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Received my package today.  Wow, 'Aviator' went above and beyond!Great selection and I can't wait to try them.  Mrs. TJ's biggest concern is "where are going to put all that?'
    Thanks Mani. Greatly appreciated.
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Tjcoley said:

Received my package today.  Wow, 'Aviator' went above and beyond!Great selection and I can't wait to try them.  Mrs. TJ's biggest concern is "where are going to put all that?'

That is AWESOME!!! Great job!!!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

It's my time to say a big thank you to my elf Paqman.  Chris, your generosity is tremendous and I'm touched.  We really liked the letter you sent with the goodies!  Wilma wanted to know if you travel the two hours twice a year just for the sandwiches and rubs at Schwartz's or do you go there when you're in the area for another reason?  The picture you included of the smoked meat sandwich has got me wondering if a trip to Montreal would be worth it!  Here's some pix!

Chris and Julie, thank you again for the cool stuff!  We can tell you guys had a lot of fun putting the package together through your letter and we had fun reading it.

Your friends, Bob "Fred19Flintstone" & Patty "Wilma"

The One Rub is from my little town.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy

It's my time to say a big thank you to my elf Paqman.  Chris, your generosity is tremendous and I'm touched.  We really liked the letter you sent with the goodies!  Wilma wanted to know if you travel the two hours twice a year just for the sandwiches and rubs at Schwartz's or do you go there when you're in the area for another reason?  The picture you included of the smoked meat sandwich has got me wondering if a trip to Montreal would be worth it!  Here's some pix!

Chris and Julie, thank you again for the cool stuff!  We can tell you guys had a lot of fun putting the package together through your letter and we had fun reading it.

That One Rub is one of the rubs that caught my eye.  How is it?
  • I dunno, but I'm gonna find out! LS, gimme the skinny on what it's really good on.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited June 2013
    The St. Hubert's (pronounced san hewbear) chicken sauce is great. The fire spice I have tried is really good too but I haven't tried the ones you got. I would kill for some of that Schwartz's stuff.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Tjcoley said:

You are welcome, Thomas.

Hope you will try out the Tandoori marinade. Most folks don't and it will be an eye opener. Let me know how you like the other rubs. The cillie lime is one of my  favs.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• JaredMD
    JaredMD Posts: 59
    My match didn't leave a note with their username; but thank you, Eddie, whoever you are!

I have a bunch of awesome new sauces from Scotty's Brewhouse to try out!  I'm pretty excited!
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Well...mailed off my stuff.
    Aww, piss..... I forgot to send a letter with my care package.....well, whoever you are, when you get a package that is full of Michigan made goodness, you know it is from me.

-Kcco

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• cazzy

Thanks for setting up a 1:1 exchange Nola! We'll get ya in there officially next time...unless you take another break! Lol
  • cazzy
    JaredMD said:

My match didn't leave a note with their username; but thank you, Eddie, whoever you are!

I have a bunch of awesome new sauces from Scotty's Brewhouse to try out!  I'm pretty excited!
    @EddieK76 is responsible! ;)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    cazzy said:
    Thanks for setting up a 1:1 exchange Nola! We'll get ya in there officially next time...unless you take another break! Lol
    Actually, it was Scott's (scooter759) idea.  And a damn good one...I was feeling (*sniff*) left out....
    @Skiddymarker will

@Fred19Flintstone That's cool, I did not expect that you would receive it until the end of the week.  We don't go just for Schwartz's... we go to a few other places as well to make it worth the trip (Marché Jean-Talon @ Olive & Olive to get olive oil and spices).  We also stop while in transit to Quebec city (we often go there on vacation).  I am not sure I would drive all the way down from Michigan just for a sandwich but Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec city are nice places to have vacations.

@LS The other rubs (ribs/jerk) are from the same company as the One Rub.  It was my first time buying them.  They are good.  The jerk seasoning will now be on my regular rotation.

cazzy said:

Awesome!  Thanks so much @EddieK76 !  Can't wait to try this stuff out
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593

Going to mail mine now,Hopefully my elf gets it by the holiday!!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    cazzy said:

Mine arrives on Monday! I think I'm more excited than my elf is! :D

Well it's Wednesday. Who've got this mans package needs to post! It was a killer arrangement.

XLBGE 
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    JaredMD said:
    cazzy said:

Awesome!  Thanks so much @EddieK76 !  Can't wait to try this stuff out
    @JaredMD You are welcome.  I do apologize about not including the note but my wife shipped it off for me and I forgot to tell her!  There isn't much local stuff for BBQ here in Indianapolis and this is one of my favorite places to go and I like all his sauces :)  If you like wings, the mofo hot sauce will go great with them!
    Large BGE

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow!

And arrive it did!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thanks for a generous assortment Brian! I haven't tried most of this before so I'm really looking forward to trying them out! :)
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Great box Brian! You in T-town?

XLBGE 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Whoever Santa is for me, if you have shipped and are awaiting a response I am out of town until Sunday. Just wanted you to know I wasn't being rude and not acknowledging the package
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    @chubbs am not your santa but thats very considerate to let him/her know . my package according to tracking was delivered am starting to wonder if it got mis-delivered 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I'm also out of town until the 25th. Will post what I receive at that time.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
     I would kill for some of that Schwartz's stuff.
    Are you quoting @Skiddymarker to get a surprise delivery?  B-)

I'm "out of stock" right now but I can let you know next time I go.  I'm also running out of olive oil so it might be sooner rather than later.

edited June 2013
    I had a surprise waiting for me tonight when I got home!

Mailed mine today to a far far place!
    Unfortunately mine is lost in Moncton New Brunswick ...hope it makes it to the rock :(
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Thanks @Double you sent us a great package!

We used two of the rubs tonight.  I'll post a separate thread with pictures of the cook.

Aww, piss..... I forgot to send a letter with my care package.....well, whoever you are, when you get a package that is full of Michigan made goodness, you know it is from me.

-Kcco
    I received my package today and wow!  Very impressive.  I am very excited with my haul.  My wife is especially excited about the mango BBQ sauce.  Mango is her favorite (salsa, fruity drinks, etc.).  I can't thank you enough for this.  I am very happy.

photo IMG_20130619_193245_zps4ae72cea.jpg
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Thanks @meat73. Received my package yesterday but the forum was down. Can't wait to try stuff. The HyVee rub tastes great. Going to use it on some wings shortly!