Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

buffalo thighs

make thighs or wings pretty much all every weekend spring summer and fall, never thought to use my favorite wing recipe on the thighs, darn good

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Can we be friends =D>
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,909
    The thigh is the best piece of the chicken! Those look delicious.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,097
    That looks great...what is your recipe?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,483
    Griffin said:
    =D> I've got a buddy that does that. he says the wings are more trouble then they are worth. I've done it with legs once when I was set on wings and the store didn't have any.

long marinade with the thighs, 2 days but for me the wings are hit or miss mainly to distractions at camp. thighs are a no brain cook, almost imposible to screw up

:D
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,483
    edited June 2013
    CPARKTX said:
    That looks great...what is your recipe?

wings cut into drums and wingettes
    1/2 bottle franks
    3/8 cup red wine vinigar
    3/8 cups soy or terryaki
    1 cup water
     1/2 can v8 juice
    1 tsp tobasco
    1 to 2 tbls chipotle powder

marinate for 2 days

grill direct raised grid at 325 skin side down til crispy, flip and rotate

buffalo sauce:
    1/2 bottle franks
    1/2 stick butter
    chipotle powder to taste (tbls Here)
    tobasco

warm it up til butter melts, remove wings to a bowl, pour and toss with sauce, pile back on grill in a mound, pour more sauce on and cook til it looks good flipping the mound a time or two

sounds like a lot of work but i prep on friday when i get to camp and cook on sunday, i like them hot enough that theres leftovers for lunch on monday

• ShadowNickShadowNick Posts: 519
    try brushing them with honey about 2-3 minutes before taking them off and tossing them in the sauce...  so good.
    Chicago, Illinois