Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

$10 lb royal oak and tar.

So.. I just found a few pieces of ro from the 10lb bags... That had tar on them. I noticed it when I fired up the grill and I smelled a burnt rubber smell.... Opened it up and found the piece bubbling with tar. I've contacted Ro and I'm waiting for a reply.
·

Comments

• I've been lucky. The only non-lump items in my RO has been slag glass and a few stones.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    ·
  • I had a fist size piece of what looked like ceramic in my last bag of WG.  
    ·
  • dajogejrdajogejr Posts: 12
    3 bags into the 12 I bought at RD before memorial day, I've had a couple quarter sized rocks...but no other foreign material.

Where is the country of origin MountainDew?
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
    I live in Florida now, but i believe i bought the lump in Colorado when i still lived there.
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I've seen that before and assumed it was perhaps sap.  If you do hear back from RO, it would be interesting to know what they say.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    Will do whiz.
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    I just found a fist sized piece of Asphalt in a bag this weekend.  I've always had little stones but never anything this size.  I'm glad I plucked it out before I started a fire.  I'm anxious to here if they get back to you.
    ·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    I think you guys are missing the big picture....what flavor did this add to what ever you were cooking? This could be the next 'big thing'. (kidding). I have (6) 17.6 lb bags in the garage and i am very curious on RO's answer on this. Where in fla mountain dew?
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,306
    No picture?

XLBGE 
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    No picture?
    photo 20130617_202419_zps13147ed7.jpg

I just went out and snapped this pic of the chunk.  That's the Large Daisy Wheel for scale.
    ·
    @catseller

i live in Havana..next to Tallahassee.
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 702
    I've found rocks in RO and in BGE Lump - same factory/sand lot...

Nothing weird in the WGWW yet , but a couple chunks the size of my lower leg...
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 277
    I find lots of insulation pieces, like the fiberglass kind and a fair amount of under charcoaled pieces that smoke forever if you do not find them when dumping into the egg.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • I bought 3 of the larger bags when Walmart had the Memorial day Sale (back to smaller bags there now, hopefully they will repeat the large bag special for July 4th)

Anyway, only difference I noticed from smaller RO bag was seems to be a lot bigger pieces--more like you get in BGE official bag.  Occasionally do find a piece of gravel in RO--not really anything else unusual.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,949
    I bought some Russian lump once and found a chunk of uranium-235 from Chernobyl and a bald 3-eyed vole.

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I bought some Russian lump once and found a chunk of uranium-235 from Chernobyl and a bald 3-eyed vole.
    At least you didn't get any plutonium 238....

The Naked Whiz
    ·