Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs

ParallelParallel Posts: 412
Chicken thighs stuffed with cream cheese, roasted garlic and sun dried tomato then sprinkled with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin spice rub, wrapped in bacon and cooked at 400° raised grid for about 45 minutes (internal temp of 195°). A tip of the hat to Kristi (Necessary Indulgence) for the inspiration.

My seven year old can hardly wait.

On the BGE (along with a stragler from the batch of standard chicken thighs that I cooked for use in other dishes).

Resting.

Done... should have added more sun-dried tomato... otherwise perfect.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
·

Comments

• That looks great!  Your son looks like a fine young man!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 412
    Thanks... adopting him is the second best decision I've ever made (marrying my wife who facilitated my growth as a person enough for me to be capable of making the decision to adopt being the BEST).

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,267
    Time to get him a Mini and teach him to do those.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Good looking kid and cook! Keep up the good work!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177

Great kid there and those chicken thighs look awesome.

Wife saw this post this morning and thought they looked great.  So, we did out own version tonight.  They were wonderful.

·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,113
    Great looking cook! :)
    And: a handsome son!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • TBonezTBonez Posts: 10
    Those look Great! I do something similar with a cream cheese filled Jalapeno in the middle and get lots of compliments when I bring them to events.
    ·
  • ejs190ejs190 Posts: 6
    This is my attempt at chicken thighs, cream cheese, bacon and BBQ. One word, awesome!
    image.jpg 680K
    www.EricShirk.com
    ·
  • pwg56pwg56 Posts: 92
    I make these all the time too, and I think I stole them from Kristi also.  One version with fresh basil and sun dried tomatoes, and another with pickled jalapenos.  Both versions with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon and sprinkled all over with whatever dizzy pig I'm in the mood for.  Always awesome.  Yours look great!
    ·
  • celliecellie Posts: 3
    What kind of raised set up is that you're using?
    ·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 412
    cellie said:
    What kind of raised set up is that you're using?
    Ceramic Grillworks Swing Rack.

http://ceramicgrillworks.com/products-page/product-category/large-2-tier-adjustable-swing-rack-system/

·