Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maître d'Hôtel Nagano Pork Chops and Grilled Romaine

paqman
paqman Posts: 4,660
edited June 2013 in Pork
Coated the pork chops with bone suckin rub and basted them with bone suckin sauce while grilling on the egg until they reached an IT of 135F.

The grilled romaine was topped with rasberries, mandarin, smoked almonds and chunks of parmesan.  The dressing was a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    My goodness that is beautiful. You are the king of the grilled romaine! Nice work my friend :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Lord, i wish smell-o-vision was real... that chop looks amazing! Nicely done!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqman
    My goodness that is beautiful. You are the king of the grilled romaine! Nice work my friend :)
    SWMBO prefers traditional ceasar salad and actually asks me to grill her romaine as well...  Grilling it helps develop hidden flavors.  It is super easy and takes just a few minutes.

caliking said:
    Lord, i wish smell-o-vision was real... that chop looks amazing! Nicely done!
    I am not a fan of pork chops but they were really good and juicy!  I think that the fact that they were so thick helped...

Beautiful Paq. Thick cut bone in are usually pretty juicy. Great cook man
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I'll trade your pork chop for my pork chop.  Your's looks great.   :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @paqman: the last time I saw a decent chop like that, I lived in Iowa.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Nice looking cook. We are down to 1 heart left out of the 6 pack we picked up last Wednesday and we haven't been home for two days!
    Nice fillet planned for tomorrow night, topped with Scwartz's (thanks again Paq) and some grilled Romaine. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Like the idea of raspberries on the grilled romain- nicely done
    Greensboro, NC
  • paqman
    Nice looking cook. We are down to 1 heart left out of the 6 pack we picked up last Wednesday and we haven't been home for two days!
    Nice fillet planned for tomorrow night, topped with Scwartz's (thanks again Paq) and some grilled Romaine. 
    @Skiddymarker I hope you enjoy it!  I think you said you never tried the beef seasoning before.  This is the only beef seasoning we use.  It is also good in burgers.  The trick with steaks is to season them toward the end of cook or just before the resting period under foil.

@paqman thanks for the advice, with my Penzey's steak seasoning I learned that other than salt pretty much everything seems to burn off during a reverse sear, unless the indirect portion is done very low - 250 or so. 
    Again, thanks!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    You know how to do it up!  I honestly think you are one of them best at truly fancy food here.  When can I come over??