Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What to do?

So the boss (SWMBO) gets me a half moon extended grid w/ drip pan for fathers day.  A thoughtful gift and the first time she has tried to get something for the egg.  My extended swing rack from the recent group buy (that she doesn't know about) is going to arrive any day.  No way the half moon goes back after overplaying the initial gesture. Does anyone actually use this thing? I saw the older post about filling the drip pan w/ sand and using it as indirect/direct.  I get it.  Does anyone actually do it?   Beef w/ steak rub,bacon, Sierra Nevada ,onion, pepper.  3 hrs at 250 until 150, foiled  w/ some of the drippings til 200*, rested for two hours and pulled.  I had sliders, the boy had tacos. Simple yet effective.imageimageimageimage
MBGE in Charleston

·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    I was talking to the Lord. He thinks he can get me out of this but he says you're f#@ked

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 294
    The cook looks fantastic and I might have to try this.  It looks absolutely fantastic.  Was it just a regular beef pot roast? 
    ·
  • finsterfinster Posts: 133
    Beef shoulder.  Like 5 bucks a pond.
    MBGE in Charleston

·
  • @finster - Nice lookin' grub!  I gotta ask how you chose your handle?  I don't recall your story on the handle thread, but if you already explained it, please forgive me.  Is it for Baby-Faced Finster from the Bugs Bunny cartoon?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    I don't use mine often, but it does get some occasional use. I use it for veggies on the indirect side when I need to have dorect heat for grilling. I also have the angle l brackets from ceramic grill store. I've used those along with my half moon stone/rack combo to make 2 indirect zones. I did this to be able to remove the stone/rack for direct grilling when needed. I also use the drip pan to cook sweet potato fries on the half moon grid.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,610
    @finster, sorry buddy... you're gonna have to work this one out on your own!  [-O<
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I don't have one of those, but I think it could come in pretty handy.  For example, you could throw a couple of baked potatoes on and they are basically indirect, but now you still have half your grill to throw some steaks on direct.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·