Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to do?

Options
So the boss (SWMBO) gets me a half moon extended grid w/ drip pan for fathers day.  A thoughtful gift and the first time she has tried to get something for the egg.  My extended swing rack from the recent group buy (that she doesn't know about) is going to arrive any day.  No way the half moon goes back after overplaying the initial gesture. Does anyone actually use this thing? I saw the older post about filling the drip pan w/ sand and using it as indirect/direct.  I get it.  Does anyone actually do it?   Beef w/ steak rub,bacon, Sierra Nevada ,onion, pepper.  3 hrs at 250 until 150, foiled  w/ some of the drippings til 200*, rested for two hours and pulled.  I had sliders, the boy had tacos. Simple yet effective.imageimageimageimage
MBGE in Charleston

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I was talking to the Lord. He thinks he can get me out of this but he says you're f#@ked

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    The cook looks fantastic and I might have to try this.  It looks absolutely fantastic.  Was it just a regular beef pot roast? 
  • finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Options
    Beef shoulder.  Like 5 bucks a pond.
    MBGE in Charleston

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

@finster - Nice lookin' grub!  I gotta ask how you chose your handle?  I don't recall your story on the handle thread, but if you already explained it, please forgive me.  Is it for Baby-Faced Finster from the Bugs Bunny cartoon?

Flint, Michigan
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    I don't use mine often, but it does get some occasional use. I use it for veggies on the indirect side when I need to have dorect heat for grilling. I also have the angle l brackets from ceramic grill store. I've used those along with my half moon stone/rack combo to make 2 indirect zones. I did this to be able to remove the stone/rack for direct grilling when needed. I also use the drip pan to cook sweet potato fries on the half moon grid.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @finster, sorry buddy... you're gonna have to work this one out on your own!  [-O<
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I don't have one of those, but I think it could come in pretty handy.  For example, you could throw a couple of baked potatoes on and they are basically indirect, but now you still have half your grill to throw some steaks on direct.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.