Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fountain Park Grill Fest (pic heavy)

Options
Here are a few pics of the fest.
imageFred19Flintstone AKA Bob with his daughter (pebbles???) cooking up some deeeelicious Tequila Lime Chcken skewers.
imageimageOwossoegger AKA Eric cooking up some yummy pineapplehead grilled pineapple.
imagesome soon to be eggers?? enjoying the samples
imagemy daughter just begged me to take this pic...not lol
this little lady has had enough!!

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm worried about that last pic. If she can sleep there, she can sleep anywhere. Reminds me of me. ;)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    snuggie?
    I saw her there and I was eyeing those flip-flops...
    Flint, Michigan
  • Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    Options
    Not Eric...Kevin...oops!!

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    It was nice to meet our fellow eggers today.
     Thanks Kevin & Fred and your girls who helped out.
    Bought 3 of the DP rubs. Used the Raging River on some chicken and put some Pineapple Head on some peaches bought from the local farmers. 
    Will use the Red Eye Express on some ribeyes for my Fathers Day grill.

Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    It was my pleasure to meet the OP Rick ( @Rick G ), Bill ( @GK59 ) & Jeff ( @Buster's Dad ). Jeff won a bag of BGE lump. It was good to see an egghead win a prize.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Looked like a great time and great family.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    Thank you @owossoegger and @fred19flintstone for your work and effort to put on the event. Nice to meet fellow Michigan eggers. Like @gk59, walked out with an assortment of rubs to bolster my collection.
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options

Buster ,I need more rubs like another hole in my head. I'm running out of cabinet space. Tried 2 of the 3 on yesterdays cook. Today Red Eye on the ribeyes.

Nice to meet you. Bill.

I hope as a good Dad your teaching your 2 boys to Egg. Maybe they will take over the duties on it so you can relax.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Owossoegger
    Options
    It was great to meet all the Michigan eggers yesterday @rickg, @gk59, and @bustersdad. Glad we have some around. And thanks for coming to Owosso and supporting the local farmers market. The money we raised helps the free kids day and other activities. It was a lot of work, @fred19ontstone was a huge help plus he's an awesome cook. His food was fantastic. With all the support, we may have a Michigan eggfests in our future! Happy Father's Day all. @rickg, is your daughter. Talking to you yet after that picture? I assume she wouldn't want me to use that in future advertising! Haha
  • Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    Options
    Haha  She is cool with the pic. If you want to use it feel free.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited June 2013
    Options

Here's some pix my daughter Samantha took.  I cooked Margarita Chicken Skewers and Nutella & Strawberry Tortilla Pizzas.  I had her really busy most of the day so we didn't get any pix of the tortilla pizzas.  Kevin rocked out some mini pizzas, ABTs, Grilled Pineapple & Grilled Asparagus.  I didn't get a pizza due to high customer demand ("Are the pizzas ready yet?" was a common question from the crowd), but my favorite was the asparagus with Jamaican Firewalk.  Sensational! 

That's Kevin & me cooking away.  I'm the big dude in the BGE apron.  I personally had a very hard time with the Michigan State sun shade, as any respectable Michigan Wolverine fan would.  Samantha reasoned it was green like the egg and that made it somewhat palatable.

The proud chicken flipper!

Good tunes!  I was making Margarita Chicken Skewers and he played Margaritaville a couple of times.

Taking a break.  We had a great time and look forward to cooking at an event again!

Flint, Michigan
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks like a good time! Thanks to all who shared pics!

How'd you use your Small during the fest? Just as more grill space or dedicate it for some special use?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My small was never lit and neither was my mini.  We were jumping for almost the entire 4 hours and had no time for them.  A few folks came over to check them out so they were useful in that way.  I brought them so we had the entire line-up represented except of course for the XXL.  Kevin's little girl liked goofing around with them so it was good entertainment for her.  I wish Elaine could have been there to play with Kevin's girl, but she was otherwise engaged.  Inspiring the next egghead generation?
    Flint, Michigan
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    My small was never lit and neither was my mini.  We were jumping for almost the entire 4 hours and had no time for them.  A few folks came over to check them out so they were useful in that way.  I brought them so we had the entire line-up represented except of course for the XXL.  Kevin's little girl liked goofing around with them so it was good entertainment for her.  I wish Elaine could have been there to play with Kevin's girl, but she was otherwise engaged.  Inspiring the next egghead generation?

Thanks Fred. I was just curious as I've taken a Small or Mini with me to past eggfests more to show them off to folks than to cook for the masses. First Small I saw was at an Eggfest and I showed it to my wife who thought it was really cute and asked "can we get one?" :D
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Your wife's a keeper!!
    Flint, Michigan