Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Table finally done

It's been a while since I started this but I finished (except the finish) today. The food tasted just as before the table.

For some added info the table is 6' long 3' deep and 34" high (LBGE). It's thermally treated pine (google). To long to explain.The color goes all the way through. UV finish will be One Time from Woodcraft. I just try to be different then the next guy.

What I did notice today was with the table nest I may take the paver out or use a thinner one . The ash rake never got warm.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Looks really good!  Its good to see that you didn't forget the bottle opener.
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,514
    Looks real good. I like the looks of that wood.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• GK59GK59 Posts: 501

You know , other then having to order an opener, those are hard to find. A co-worker of my daughters found 2 of them in his Grandma's basement. He gave me one most likley because I feed him twice on the weekends when they work togather.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• wibadgerwibadger Posts: 8
    OK, I did as you suggested and googled "thermally treated pine". I'm intrigued, but the search results didn't give much info on retail availability, much less specific to my market (Milwaukee). Where did you find the lumber?
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 17,192
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• MooneyfwdMooneyfwd Posts: 9
    Large BGE
  • BryanLyleBryanLyle Posts: 28
    The food may taste the same before/after the table, but I bet that beer tastes better!
    @nolaegghead Thanks - I found that. I was wondering where he got the product. It does not seem to be widely available in the US. Or maybe I'm just being lazy in my search.
  • onelikearockonelikearock Posts: 115
    A job to be proud of.
    Chesapeake, VA
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 531
    Very nice.

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nicely done! =D>

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

The wood is hard to find.( My salesman @ Pro Build in Freeland ,MI was able to get some. It's really deck boards . The heat/steam process shrinks it alot. It removes all the sugars and lignums thus making it insect and rot proof for upto 25 or 30 years. Not for major structural but as you can see I use treated for framework. The link above gives more detail but not the wood I used. There was also a place just SE of Ft.Wayne,IN that did process some also.

I can write more details if someone wants.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

@GK59 Thanks! Looks like I'll be doing some calling around!
  • Very nice!!!
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,868
    Very nice looking table!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking table!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 204
    Nice job. Table looks great
  • JaredMDJaredMD Posts: 59
    Great looking table, man.. gotta feel good to have it complete!
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'll raise a beer to you all !

Thanks ,Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI