Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers Day/Weekend Cooks. Rack of Lamb and Pork Butts!!

Options
Hey Everyone.

Hope you all had a great fathers day. I learned from my wife a while back that mothers day is no longer a day. It is a mothers day "Weekend". So I decided that this year I was having a Fathers Day "Weekend". I spent the majority of it sitting by the pool, tipping a few back, and egging... It was wonderful.

Friday night, I got a pork butt going. Was able to snack on that all day Saturday. Had Pulled Pork sandwiches for lunch, and made pork tacos/taco salad for dinner. It was perfect...

Sunday, had the in-laws over for a few racks of lamb. They turned out perfect!! Salt/Pepper/Garlic rub, followed by a hot sear (600 F) for a few minutes each side. Dropped egg to 400, and added plate setter. Rubbed on some honey mustard, and a mixture of fresh garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, olive oil, and a hint of lemon. Continued to cook to 125, pulled and rested to perfection. Side dish, fresh veggies from the local farmers market.

Comments