Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to do?

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Center cut boneless pork loin roast
Romaine.. Grilled/how
Petite red potatoes.. No bacon

Any ideas?

Thanks
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    First, grab another PBR.............
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    For the potatoes, cut in half, toss with evoo, s&p, chopped rosemary and some whole, unpeeled garlic cloves. Roast in CI (or whatever) about 30 minutes indirect at 425°. Very easy, very good.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Cut in one inch slices and brine for six hours -- grill direct at gasket level to 140 degree internal.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I say stuff it!  I think it would be good with the same stuffing you use for chicken.  

I haven't grilled Romain- but I believe you just throw it on direct a few minutes per side.  I might do this tonight- and I'm just gonna keep it simple with some caesar dressing. 

Taters- cut them up into quarters and put them in a foil pan with olive oil, rosemary, any other herbs you like, salt and pepper.  I like the McCormicks Italian Herb grinder if you need herbs.  EVOO, a few coarse grinds from this, s&p.  Easy Peazy. 

You might want to give the taters a head start and then add the loin to the egg.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    Options
    @YEMTrey... I only have 2 hands.. And one off those dual beer helmets.. And a camelbak

Could I cook it whole or 2" slices?
  • zosobao5150
    zosobao5150 Posts: 133
    Options
    For the loin...I use rosemary, garlic salt, and a little bit of pepper.  Sear the pork loin next to the coals (you just want to get a little browning) and then cook raised indirect around 350 until you get an internal of 140-143.  Pull and let rest for 5 minutes.  Just made this for my dad on father's day and he loved it.  Slight pink to it (which is what you want), but ridiculously tender.  He told me I should open a restaurant.  (by the way...I didn't have my green egg, so I used a weber charcoal chimney and an old grill grate for searing and then threw the meat into their oven)

I like the other ideas on the potatoes.
    XL BGE
  • henapple
    Options
    Zo... Whole?