Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers Day Steaks (With Pictures)

Options
My wife asked me what I wanted to do for Father's Day and since my son plays travel baseball I didn't know how long we'd be at the field on Sunday.  She said "how about I get you the best prime ribeye the butcher has but you'll have to make it.  I don't want to ruin it"  So after my son's team was eliminated we went to the butcher and I let her do all the choosing.  She picked up some flat irons for her and the kids and got me a ribeye.  I love this butcher and even though they were insanely busy (she was bout 33 numbers deep)

My wife likes just good ol' sea salt and pepper on the steaks so they were rubbed down with that except mine which had Ground Sichaun Peppercorns and Sea Salt.  It's supposed to be spicier but honestly I didn't notice that much of an increase in heat.

Got the Egg up to about  700 to quickly sear the Ribeye and take it off to get the Egg back down to 400 or so.

After it was seared I let it rest.  Put the flat irons on and then the ribeye in a cooler part of the Egg.  Took them off after the poke test told me they were about medium rare plus.

And the Ribeye resting after being further cooked

We had some local indiana sweet corn (found some at the store without husks), baked potatoes and steaks.  I cooked some bacon for the potatoes and some mushrooms since my 5 year old son and I love sauteed mushrooms with our steaks.  Also, made some compound butter.  Simple selection of garlic, rosemary and butter for the steak.

This was a fantastic meal.  The steak was just so darn good words can't even describe.  I could have probably eaten another one and never thought twice about it!

Happy Father's Day to all!
Large BGE

Comments