Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

• TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Just cast a few votes ...  looks like we needed a boost!  
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 17,220
    Voted..and bumped mah post-count up by one.  Right here.  Right now.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,386
    yikes.  BGE is barely ahead of a gasser.  Probably most people voting have never used most of the grills.  Can't say I've ever seen anyone use the Akorn Kooker although the text admits price is its best feature.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • This is ridiculous. A Weber kettle is fun, and a great way to learn how to grill, kinda like an Easy-bake-oven. It's clear that it is no match for the Egg...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,887
    Just voted.  The only explanation for Weber's lead has to be price and length of time on the market. No comparison as a cooker.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,887
    And remember, as Chicago Democrats say, Vote early, and often!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Voted - and bumped up this post.  Multitasking:  BOOM.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    just voted but to me its really not a fair poll far more have the weber than the BGE .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • North_Is_UpNorth_Is_Up Posts: 137
    Uh, I voted often. Used incognito mode with Chrome. Could also use InPrivate browsing with IE.
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • HicHic Posts: 350

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Just voted.
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 268
    I voted
  • FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 664
    Me toō
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,782
    The people voting for the Weber could not have had food from an Egg. 

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    Just voted as well.

North Texas

XL BGE

• Voted.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,451
    Voted 3 times
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • YnTYnT Posts: 10
    Done my duty
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,535
    Done but going to hard to catch the weber- maybe it's better being our little secret *-:)
    Greensboro, NC
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Voted. According to this survey I made the wrong (expensive) purchase. Anyone need a large with lots of accessories? Gonna go with the kettle instead.
    Dunedin, FL
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,057
    "With the right accessories, the Egg is perfect for indirect cooking, grilling pizza, grilling the perfect steak, even roasting chickens and turkeys. "

He's right about the accessories (Right @yzzi?) - and he's right about the cult following.  I just bought myself the CGS LAR and spider for fathers' day - that's more expensive than the weber's whole setup. :)
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,875
    voted, I think there are more webers out there than eggs. Some folks aint never heard of BGE. at least out our way. Some of the people I talk to never heard of such a thing.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • MooneyfwdMooneyfwd Posts: 9
    Maybe b/c I live in Southern California, but I run into a LOT of people who have never heard of the BGE, sadly.
    Large BGE