Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops with Yuzu-Miso Marinade

Options
I know some of you are tired of me posting some weird Japanese or Chinese dish, but I am currently having fun with recipes I've found in my new book, The Japanese Grill, by Tadashi Ono .Each of the ones I've tried are compatible with our Western palate ... none of this strange Asian tastes.

I marinaded these pork chops for 24 hours in Aka-miso, yuzu kosho, sake, mirin, and sesame oil.  The results were fabulous.

imageimage

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Those who are tired just have to look elsewhere...  Good looking meal and please continue to post your work of arts!  You are the reason why I have a wok for my egg.  I do not post pics of my asian cooks because I would feel ashamed comparing them to yours but we do them on a regular basis.

Options
    Whaddaya mean "tired"?? I love these cooks! They are what keep me out of the rut. As usual, great cook - and plating :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Very Feng Shui!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    paqman said:
    You are the reason why I have a wok for my egg.  I do not post pics of my asian cooks because I would feel ashamed comparing them to yours but we do them on a regular basis.
    Paq.  You and folks like you are the reason I post here.  Thank you.  You made my evening.  Please post your cooks.  I'm sure they are wonderful.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    @VI- been away on vacation but still egging with my mini. Pulled up the forum to have some alone time this evening and pulled up your cook first because a) I usually do and b) I was craving pics of a wonderful egged meal with the plating to accompany. A usual, you delivered. Fantastic cook and your plating is second to none.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options

You da man VI!!!

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    VI - Nice cook as usual. Unfortunately your plating sux. Try using Chinette for high class food like that.
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I can never seem to pronounce any of your cooks but damn they look good.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .