Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple cook for #1 son's father

Options
Found the B&B Hickory lump at the HEB in Taylor, three bags on the self, so I bought 2. We used the hickory lump for tonight's cook. The bag said "a little goes a long way", so I filled up the egg.The first crop of Patty Pan squash arrived, never cooked it on the egg..Always a first. The rest of the veggies cooked were baby bellas, cherry tomatoes, poblano pepper with the pork tenderloin.EVVOiled the squash and roasted with the pobalno pepper for 15 minutes. Then opened the squash and added spices, butter and S&P. Placed on top of the bellas and tomatoes to finish cooking.Went light on the rub for the tenderloin cause I wanted to see how the hickory would play with the pork.
Not much hickory taste on the pork, but the hickory flavor really came thru on the veggies.  The money taste was the juice from all the veggies....we just about drank that...
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments