Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

35 lbs of pork

drmarkodrmarko Posts: 6
Had my egg less than 2 weeks and decide to use it to cook for 100 people.  Made a test run of a 5 lb pork butt the week prior and every thing went well.  So loaded up the green egg with 35 lbs of pork rubbed in a simple rub that I found here and let her fly.  Kept the dome temperature at around 240 for 18 hours.  Some of the smaller buts were done around 15 hours, three of the larger ones were done at 18 hours.    I cut up 8 large Vidalia  onions and baked them in the oven for three hours, mixed them up with the pulled pork along with 8 bottles of Bullseye carolina sauce.   I had people coming up to me telling me it was the best pulled pork they ever ate.  I had 10 lbs left that was taken home by guests.  Thank you eggers for the helpful tips that enabled me to pull this off
imageimageimageimage

Comments