Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Last Nights Dinner - Fajitas!

So I went and picked up the stuff to make Fajitas!  First I grill the peppers whole and cut the spanish onions into 1 inch or so slices.  I grill them until they are good and charred.  About 400-450 direct.  I pull them when they look good and put them in a brown paper bag.  I crimp it and let it steam cook the rest of the way in the bag for about 10-15 minutes or so.  When I pull them out of the bag I let them cool another few minutes until I can handle them with my hands and not get burned.

Nice thing about grilled veggies is unlike meat you can cook them early on and I cover them with foil and let them sit until time to eat.  So before dinner all I had to do was prep the meat.  So here it goes!  Fajitas rub.  I usually like to do these hot and fast, but I was running out of charcoal so they really went direct around 350.  This is easy and one my summertime favorite cooks.  Its feeds a lot of people, too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

·

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,241
    Looks great @fiver29. The only thing your missing now is the proper CI server skillets!  ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    That looks tasty. I haven't tried fajitas yet but it is on the ToDo list.

North Texas

XL BGE

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524

Looks absolutely super. Love me some fajitas.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    edited June 2013
    @bonemuse, how is this off topic. If you did it accidentally, at least get back in here and say so. [-X

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    Yum!  If available in your area, try grilling green chile peppers too.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 504
    @botch if they are I know where I could get some.  When are they in season?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    I did chicken fajitas tonight as well and I have to say this was the best fajitas I have ever had!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,945
    Now I'm hungry!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,741
    Man that looks good. I love fajitas. Nicely done.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    fiver29 said:
    @botch if they are I know where I could get some.  When are they in season?
    They're usually harvested end of August, although I can get them year-round in the utard groceries here.  I normally hit a place in Salt Lake City and the end of summer and buy a bushel, roasted on the spot, and stock my freezer.  (lived in Albuquerque for 5 years, that's where this german/norwegian got hooked on green chile)

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·