Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Last Nights Dinner - Fajitas!

So I went and picked up the stuff to make Fajitas!  First I grill the peppers whole and cut the spanish onions into 1 inch or so slices.  I grill them until they are good and charred.  About 400-450 direct.  I pull them when they look good and put them in a brown paper bag.  I crimp it and let it steam cook the rest of the way in the bag for about 10-15 minutes or so.  When I pull them out of the bag I let them cool another few minutes until I can handle them with my hands and not get burned.

Nice thing about grilled veggies is unlike meat you can cook them early on and I cover them with foil and let them sit until time to eat.  So before dinner all I had to do was prep the meat.  So here it goes!  Fajitas rub.  I usually like to do these hot and fast, but I was running out of charcoal so they really went direct around 350.  This is easy and one my summertime favorite cooks.  Its feeds a lot of people, too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cleveland, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments