Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dad's Day Surf & Turf

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Mrs. TJ offered to take me out or a steak dinner for Fathers Day. I said I'd rather do a steak on the Egg. Picked up some Wet Aged CAB Tenderloins at the local market. S/P and some Texas Roadhouse rub. Then in Wegmans, they had $10 lobster tails. Grilled up some pineapple while the steaks rested to a perfect medium/medium rare. Cheese fries with some bacon left over from breakfast. Little one loved it. Great dinner, and finishing up the day sipping Tito's watching Phil try to win the Open.

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    @Tjcoley looks awesome and your little one is adorable .your need the t-shirt i got in a few years  D.A.D.D dads against daughters dating shoot one and the word will spread  :))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Man TJ, that is quite a spread!  Great job.  I really need to do some lobster tails.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You have a lucky dad and a gorgeous, happy daughter !!!!   Nice job !!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Wow!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Little one is actually my grand daughter. My son is raising her as a single parent, and they live with us. Fantastic having her here every day.