Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

where are your bands?

Options
I know what the manual says.  I have a lbge with an under bite.  I read that band position can alter this.  If I lower the band on my lid and crank the snot out of the bolts, a.) Is it safe?  b.) Could that possibly help?  Thx?
When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If it looks anything like your other post, I wouldn't Eff with it.  Start cooking.
    Options
    Is it a new egg? Cause if it is I would do a couple of cooks on it and then maybe re visit the alignment issue. It's probably going to do some moving for the first few cooks. And don't crank the snot out of anything
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Agree with Nola - quit fretting about nothing and get after it. It's a grill, not a heart stent - if it's off a few millimeters no one is gonna croak.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Agree with Nola - quit fretting about nothing and get after it. It's a grill, not a heart stent - if it's off a few millimeters no one is gonna croak

@Spaightlabs and @nolaegghead what they said said 
    And just for the record mine are around the bottom of the dome and top of the base on my egg  :))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • onesaxplayer
    Options
    Thanks everyone!  Just my ocd coming out.  :)  I will quit worrying and cook something!
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I get worked up about the small stuff too. Check the YouTube video out, it helps.
    You loosen the bands at the back and use a wrench to pull up on the spring mechanism, then retighten while pulling up on the wrench.

It helped me , see the video.
    Seattle, WA
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Also agreed; if you aren't having trouble with holding temp on low-n-slow cooks and aren't losing a bunch of smoke around the base of the dome during l-n-s's, you have nothing to worry about; just cook!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    My lower is all the way down on the base. The one on the lid is high at the handle and low at the back.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    My LBGE has a bit of an underbite too.  I've tried messing with the bands, and only varied it from worse to back to the way it was.  I decided to stop screwing with it.  The minor alignment issue isn't causing any actual problems for me...so I figure why fight with it?