Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

where are your bands?

I know what the manual says.  I have a lbge with an under bite.  I read that band position can alter this.  If I lower the band on my lid and crank the snot out of the bolts, a.) Is it safe?  b.) Could that possibly help?  Thx?
When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,344
    If it looks anything like your other post, I wouldn't Eff with it.  Start cooking.

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,484
    Is it a new egg? Cause if it is I would do a couple of cooks on it and then maybe re visit the alignment issue. It's probably going to do some moving for the first few cooks. And don't crank the snot out of anything
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 715
    Agree with Nola - quit fretting about nothing and get after it. It's a grill, not a heart stent - if it's off a few millimeters no one is gonna croak.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    edited June 2013
    Agree with Nola - quit fretting about nothing and get after it. It's a grill, not a heart stent - if it's off a few millimeters no one is gonna croak

@Spaightlabs and @nolaegghead what they said said 
    And just for the record mine are around the bottom of the dome and top of the base on my egg  :))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Thanks everyone!  Just my ocd coming out.  :)  I will quit worrying and cook something!
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,741
    I get worked up about the small stuff too. Check the YouTube video out, it helps.
    You loosen the bands at the back and use a wrench to pull up on the spring mechanism, then retighten while pulling up on the wrench.

It helped me , see the video.
    Seattle, WA
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,765
    Also agreed; if you aren't having trouble with holding temp on low-n-slow cooks and aren't losing a bunch of smoke around the base of the dome during l-n-s's, you have nothing to worry about; just cook!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    My lower is all the way down on the base. The one on the lid is high at the handle and low at the back.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• njlnjl Posts: 826
    My LBGE has a bit of an underbite too.  I've tried messing with the bands, and only varied it from worse to back to the way it was.  I decided to stop screwing with it.  The minor alignment issue isn't causing any actual problems for me...so I figure why fight with it?