Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fathers day table build!!!!

Hey..just wanted to share a pic of my long awaited table and egg.Spend this w/e building a table.Its nothing fancy but it weighs a ton and is very stable.
So glad my father in law has the skills.Next its spar urethane and its time to fire her up!!!!!

Last hurdle is to see if the hinge will clear the tabletop if not ill add a paver.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
IMG_2288.JPG 505.6K
IMG_2281.JPG 569.1K

Comments

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 716
    I'd add the paver just for heat deflection...looks good.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,339
    That's good stuff man! Table looks great!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,339
    Oh, when are you breaking her in?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,488
    Your Dad has skilz. Awesome. Really awesome. Congrats on being patient btw. Mine was burning 10 minutes after I unloaded it from the truck. Then I built a table
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DeviledeggerDeviledegger Posts: 239
    Nice table. I need to build a table someday but my plate is a little full right now. Soon though.
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,563
    Thanks guys as eggcited as I am i still have to put three coats of urethane on it and I have to drive 10 hrs to get back home on Monday:(     

So a few days out for first cook....but progress has been made!!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Your gonna really love that table!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,742
    Well done
    Seattle, WA
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    Looks good and will do the job intended.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI