Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef ribs on the new extender and weber grate

njlnjl Posts: 818
Here they are as they went on.

And 1:15 later, about to be foiled.

·

Comments

• Yes.

·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,452
    What's the size of the top grate?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,695
    Do you plan on rotating them top to bottom to aid in even cooking or not?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Beautiful. Did you you have to swap the racks midway or did they cook the same?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 818
    This is an experiment.  I didn't rotate during phase 1.  My expectation/hope is that setup indirect, there really shouldn't be a huge difference in temp between the top and bottom grids.  I did rotate after foiling...so foiled, what was on top is now on the bottom.

The Webber grid is the 17" charcoal grate for a 22.5" Webber grill.  In this configuration, it just barely fits (without the extender's spacer sleeve). 

I had some old lump in the egg from previous cooks and really wanted to do the ribs with fresh stuff, so I lit what was left over last night, sprayed the extender and Webber grate with Pam, and baked them indirect for a couple hours at 400-500F.  I'm hoping that might give it a bit of rust preventative?

·
  • njlnjl Posts: 818
    One step closer to dinner.  Here they are, after about 1.5 hours foiled, about to get sauced and finished.

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Pull-back on the bones looks good. I wonder if i could just eat em now :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·