Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

38 lbs pulled pork for Strawberryfest

Did 4 butts for my towns annual Strawberryfest. This was my first time injecting, used Chris Lilly's injection recipe then rubbed with mustard and Oakridge BBQ Secret Weapon rub. Smoked a total of 18 hrs @ 250 with BGE lump and chunks of apple wood. I also threw in some hot links then sliced and added with Famous Dave's Devil Spit (didn't have time to make my own) with 1 butt, it was definitely the hit of the night! The other 3 were pulled and peeps added there own sauce. No pics of actual pulled but 1 pic of what we had left.
image.jpg 273.6K
image.jpg 252.3K
image.jpg 278.6K
·

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,466

Great looking cooks!

Strawberryfest in what town?

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 183
    Marysville Washington