Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So far, so good

Options
We discovered a new butcher/salumiria in town so we thought we would head over for a little look about today. The steaks/meats looked awesome but a bit out of my league. $75 per lb for locally sourced 50 day dry aged ribeyes. Cheapest steak in the joint was $29 per lb. really cool
Place though and they do their own salumis. We got a wild boar sausage, a summer, a deliciously spicy dry pork sausage (the darker red one). We also got a spalla which is like a prosciutto made with pork shoulder (I think). We paired those up with a wonderful 5 year aged Gouda, a Bellavitano (by Sartori, our favorite cheese) and Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog (our favorite cheese :)) )

Brisket and beef ribs are on the egg. It appears we will be eating well tonight.

imageimage
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Oh yeah- forgot about the olive tray! And the vodka!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    They were a little proud of their stuff though.....prosciutto was $75 per lb. we got out of there under $20 with some great stuff (cheese was bought elsewhere)
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    Good deli meats and cheeses are an essential part of sanity!
    HFX NS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I could live on cheese and charcuterie.  

I could live on cheese and charcuterie.  

Me too
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    I love that stuff but keep the olives.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I'm an olive junkie (they were from central market). This place is worth a field trip for sure. Their meat counter is insanely expensive and so is their charcuterie per lb but we got everything under 20 and got a good sampling of lots of stuff.

They hand select cows from local suppliers and hang and butcher the entire carcass behind glass on the spot. It was a cool Place but dang...... 'Spensive.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I'm an olive junkie (they were from central market). This place is worth a field trip for sure. Their meat counter is insanely expensive and so is their charcuterie per lb but we got everything under 20 and got a good sampling of lots of stuff. They hand select cows from local suppliers and hang and butcher the entire carcass behind glass on the spot. It was a cool Place but dang...... 'Spensive.
    Do you get to see them bring each cow in on a lead (or do they use a prod)?

It all looks good, hope you're not too full for brisket and beef ribs.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    They have the whole thing hanging right there for you to see. They also serve breakfast-dinnner at a bar right in front of the butcher behind glass. It was pretty cool. Should have taken pics. Oh yeah, they have beer too. I think I'm
    In love :x
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    And I'm not nearly too full for brisket and ribs. I'm fired up about this dinner. Looking good.