Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jerk Chicken Success!!

Everything turned out great for dinner last night!

I followed this recipe for the Jerk Marinadehttp://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1145893/authentic-jamaican-jerk-recipe and used one whole scotch bonnet with seeds.  It gave a nice, but not overwhelming heat, and I had some homemade trini Scotch Bonnet hot sauce on the side for those of us who wanted a little extra kick.

Here's the start of the marinade on Friday night.

For dinner on Saturday started with some Pig Shots:

Here they are cooked:

On goes the chicken, after marinating for 24 hours.  Using Pimento wood for smoke, which does make a huge difference!

Cooking the Festival- it was a bit "tough", SWMBO suggests I overworked the dough when I was making it, but the flavour was all Jamaica!!

Chicken is done:

And plated with Jamaican Rice and Peas, Corn rolled in butter/ancho/lime and grilled, and Festival.  
·

Comments

• EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    Looks awesome. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 579
    looks great ..is this done direct and if so what temperature? I am definitely going to order some Pimento wood chunks from pimentowood.com. That is the only place I have found so far and it is quiet pricey.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Looks great, love the way the chicken darkened up on the grill
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,450
    edited June 2013
    That looks great @cheech5001! Your going to need to add this to your cook list for Little Steven's Eggfest!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @fljoemon 350-375 raised direct.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,262
    Nice job, even got the authentic wood!

·
  • cheech5001cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Yah mon!!!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    Fantastic cook! The red stripe adds just the right touch :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • cheech5001cheech5001 Posts: 102
    And a dozen Red Stripes added an even better touch!!
    ·