Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Injection Marinade

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have seen many cooking teams inject their shoulders and chicken with marinade. The archives do not have any suggestions for this technique with either type of meat. Is there anyone on this forum that could provide me with an injection recipe(s) so that I could experiment on my EGG? I can find most every useful thing on the forum with this exception.

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    TimStarr,[p] Tim, you are not the first to try the injector method. It
    has been posted from time to time, however, i can not recall the outcome. I picked up a chicken injector while
    in the US, we have used it to inject butter & spices
    into crabs legs. If you attemp to go that route, please
    post with results.[p] Earl

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    TimStarr,[p]I've tried it on chicken and turkey. I didn't think it was worth the effort and haven't used it much since. Never tried it on a butt or sholder. If you have good results, post the good news![p]Smokey

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    TimStarr,
    I bought an injector, and still have not opened the pack! Just too many things to try, and I have been real happy with marinades and rubs. I really WANT to try it though, cuz it really gets the flavor deep inside. I can really imagine injecting a shoulder would be a huge benefit for flavor.[p]As far as I know, any marinade can be injected, as long as there are no big chunks. Something with a good balance of salt, sugar and spices. If it tastes good, shoot it up.[p]Butter is great as a base for injecting leaner meats that could use some fat and moisture.[p]You are right about it not being mentioned often...I wonder why?[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ