Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lazy Sunday Afternoon Chili

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally had an enjoyable Sunday afternoon of not doing much of anything. I ran in a sprint triathlon in the morning, so I was able to just kick back in the afternoon. My intention was to grab a 12 pack of beer and watch some football while letting a pot of chili slowly smoke on the egg all day. Although watching the Browns seemed like a worth while goal, Dan and I ended up just sitting on my back patio having a couple of beers watching my Medium Egg happily smoke away.[p]Here is the recipe:[p]In a Cast Iron Dutch Oven,
Brown 1 pounds of cubed chuck tender beef
Brown 1.5 pounds of Hamburger
Add 1 large Onion, chopped towards the end of browning[p]Deglaze with .25 cup Jim Beam Bourbon[p]Add:
1 cup Water
1 cup strong Coffee
7 whole Tomatoes, peeled and cored
1 Tbls. Beef Better-Than-Bouillon
1 Tbls. Chicken Better-Than-Bouillon
Float 1 Chipotle Pepper [p]Bring to a boil and add: [p]4 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Tbls. - Chili Powder
2 Tbls. – Dizzy Pig Cowlick Rub
¼ tsp. - Black Pepper
1 packet - Sazon Goya [p]Place in Egg, uncovered, on a platesetter at 250 using a chunk of Red Oak and a chunk of Pecan and simmer for about an hour, then add: [p]½ tsp. – Oregano
½ tsp. – Onion Powder
1 Tbls. – Chili Powder
2 Tbls. – Dizzy Pig Cowlick Rub
¼ tsp. – Black Pepper
½ packet – Sazon Goya [p]Simmer for approximately one hour. [p]Add: [p]1 Tbls. – Cumin seeds, crushed
½ packet – Sazon Goya [p]Simmer for approximately 60 minutes or until the cubed beef fall apart. Taste and add salt and cayenne as needed. [p]Just so you know, Sazon Goya does contain MSG. If you cannot tolerate MSG, then just add more Cowbell … Got to have more Cowbell … Dizzy Pig Cowlick that is.[p]Enjoy,
RhumAndJerk

Comments