Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Travis Method faster than expected

Options
Cooking a brisket for Father's Day. Put it in at 11 last night. Woke up at 6 and it was ready to pull. I knew that cooking in the liquid would be a little faster, but I wasn't expecting this! It was a 13 pound packer. I've wrapped in foil and put in an ice chest. That should get me through church at least. What should I do for the rest of the day, and how should I reheat it?

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    A good FTC will hold for 8 hours.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • kbutler84
    kbutler84 Posts: 140
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Is that safe? I thought I had read 4 was the max for fear of bacteria?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Your title is a quote I heard from his significant other.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

"Travis Method faster than expected"

I suspect there are a number of women who share this perspective.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I believe what your looking for is that the IT stay at or above 140 for at least 4 hours. If you have a Maverick (or some other remote thermometer) you can keep the meat probe in while you're FTCing. This way you can monitor the temp. I had one in the cooler for a little over 7 hours yesterday and could see that the IT never dropped below 147.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Also, Travis I apologize for the innuendo in the title. Wasn't thinking straight at this hour, lol.