Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Man, the Egg makes the best burgers......

Sorry...no pics on this one.  But was watching the third round of the US Open and realized late afternoon/evening we had no dinner plans on a Saturday when we almost always do something on the Egg.  When the round was over, I ran up and got a couple pounds of 85/15, got the Egg fired up, put together six patties and sprinkled on a little DP Cow Lick.   I cooked them at 400* direct for about 3-4 minutes a side, flipped again and shut the Egg down and left them on for about four more minutes, adding some grated cheese with about a minute to go.  This is the same method I've been using for steaks, albeit at a lower temp.  What came of were the most flavorful, juiciest burgers to date according to the panel. 

It still amazes me what the BGE produces.....such a quick and easy cook and there's no chance any gasser could ever turn out the quality of burger we ate tonight.   

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

Comments

• cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    Well...method sounds good.  Enjoy them burgers.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    Burgers for a quick meal never disappoints on the egg. They are always juicier then a gasser could ever be. I will have to try that method the next time and get the results posted here.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited June 2013
    Also the simple hotdog is outa sight now. That is using steamed buns.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    edited June 2013
    Although I haven't done very many cooks on the egg yet, I've been reluctant to try burgers. I still have a 35+ year old weber kettle with cast iron grill grates which simply just works for burgers so I'm stuck in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode. I need to try them on the egg.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    I got as far as "sorry no pics"
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos