Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I was gonna do a low and slow tonight.. but not sure now... opinions welcome:)

dinner has been moved back to 5ish tomorrow.

prepped the egg today and was gonna throw a 10lbish shoulder on tonight and go for a 12-14hr cook... that still only puts it at about noon-2pm range at the latest I think... my shoulders have been finishing quicker than normal as of late at a grate temp of 250ish...

after seeing cazzy post I am wondering if I should just get up early which isn't early for me anymore and throw it on at 300 and see where that gets me..  I could probably still get a solid 8-9hours out of it tomorrow on the egg..

I do need it done by 4pm at least because I am going to cook some salmon as well.

so- low and slow or kinda turbo ?

• GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    edited June 2013
    My vote is for low and slow
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 579

I was leaning that way still but now I am talking myself out of it!

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,966
    Ftc it tomorrow...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,253
    Low and slow for best product in my opinion. I love me some turbo butt when I have to do it, but low and slow is still best as far as I'm concerned.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    L&S....but I don't think we all are married to the 225-250F range.  A little increase to 275-280F reduces the cook time, with the benefits of l&s, just sayin, IMHO..Just enjoy cooking by food temp.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • I'd agree with low and slow.  I'd add if you get a Cyber Q, Stoker, or other temp control device, you can prep the night before and then go back to bed after you get your cook going.  The first few times I worried about all the things one would worry about but after many cooks, back to bed for me.
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 579

well... mother nature decided for me... guess I will start in the morning.  not in the mood for this!