Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thick ass pork chops

2 rib chops total weight 2.5 lbs. cooked per APL's recipe for thick chops in 25 dunking in apple compote as they cook.
image.jpg 907.5K
image.jpg 889.1K
image.jpg 891K
image.jpg 814.8K
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks great. Thick pork chop was the first Egg food I ever tried, at a golf course restaurant in Akron, OH. Bought my large shortly after I got home.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nice looking chops!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,446
    They look great.  Tell us about apple compote.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    Man, those are beautiful!  Cook to 138-139, rest for 10 minutes and go to town!!  I like thick chops better than steaks!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Those are good looking chops. I am jealous, I love chops
    ·
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 390
    Compote has grated granny smith apple, butter, evoo, brown sugar & honey after chops sear then place in & out of apple / caramel hot tub as they cook adding some pig fat to the caramel apple goodness.
    ·
  • cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    Gonna have to try this..thanks.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,609
    Those look fantastic. That's the way the pork chop should always be cut and served.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I envisioned cooking something like that yesterday.  Unfortunately, my usual sources didn't have any available.  Now I'm jealous.  Thanks for rubbing it in.  ;)

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·