Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thick ass pork chops

2 rib chops total weight 2.5 lbs. cooked per APL's recipe for thick chops in 25 dunking in apple compote as they cook.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Looks great. Thick pork chop was the first Egg food I ever tried, at a golf course restaurant in Akron, OH. Bought my large shortly after I got home.
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Nice looking chops!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    They look great.  Tell us about apple compote.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Man, those are beautiful!  Cook to 138-139, rest for 10 minutes and go to town!!  I like thick chops better than steaks!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Those are good looking chops. I am jealous, I love chops
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Compote has grated granny smith apple, butter, evoo, brown sugar & honey after chops sear then place in & out of apple / caramel hot tub as they cook adding some pig fat to the caramel apple goodness.
  • cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    Gonna have to try this..thanks.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Those look fantastic. That's the way the pork chop should always be cut and served.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I envisioned cooking something like that yesterday.  Unfortunately, my usual sources didn't have any available.  Now I'm jealous.  Thanks for rubbing it in.  ;)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX