Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spares n more! (Pic Heavy)

My oldest is going away to camp for the week so I asked him what he wanted for dinner. Oh course he said ribs. Did half honey bbq rub and half spicy for me. image Put on the egg at 275 with some peach smoke. image Did the Big Poppa foil with honey, brown sugar and parkay (not pictured) Then separated my half and pup back on for a few minutes with sauce. image Felt pretty good about tenderness when I went to return to the egg and a bone fell out. image Sautéed some veggies. image Did crash potatoes (family favorite) image Ribs cut up. image Final product...on the "fine china" image Thanks for looking. Happy Fathers Day to everyone!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
·

Comments

• CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    @Que_n_Brew, ribs look great. I would like to know more about crash potatoes.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    How bout a "crash potatoe" recipe. Also, how long and what temp on the other veggies?

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • meat73meat73 Posts: 135
    Awesome cook more info on crash tators
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 560
    Here is the recipe for the crash potatoes. As usual, I got this link from someone else on the forum 6 months or so ago. The only thing I do different is I melt butter and brush them with butter instead of EEVO before putting in the over. My kind of recipe...real easy and real good! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 560
    @shtgunal3 I did the other veggies direct at 350 degrees. I use EEVO and some Garlic Salt, stirring every few minutes until desired tenderness. About 10-12 minutes for me.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Thanks

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·