Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Mine arrives on Monday! I think I'm more excited than my elf is! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

Thank You WChapman74!  

I received a lovely stash from Wiliam this week.  My guess is that he lives in the great state of Washington.  I can't wait to put the ingredients to good use.  Willam was kind enough to share a recipe for the pistachios, olive oil, and blueberry vinegar.  I also received Yakima Applewood smoked sea salt and OMG! Swee & Smoky Marinade and BBQ sauce.  Gotta love that name.

That's how you share a taste right there! Very intetesting

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    Options

Thank You WChapman74!  

I received a lovely stash from Wiliam this week.  My guess is that he lives in the great state of Washington.  I can't wait to put the ingredients to good use.  Willam was kind enough to share a recipe for the pistachios, olive oil, and blueberry vinegar.  I also received Yakima Applewood smoked sea salt and OMG! Swee & Smoky Marinade and BBQ sauce.  Gotta love that name.

That's how you share a taste right there! Very intetesting
    I know, that's a very creative care package! William definitely thought outside the box! Great job!!

• ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    Options
    @slobberdog thank you so much for the package. I was confused and wondering why my package was from texas when @beeteez is from georgia. We are ripping thru the chipolte seasoning already. Thanks again
  • Wchapman74
    Wchapman74 Posts: 52
    Options
    Glad you liked it eenie meenie.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Thank You WChapman74!  

I received a lovely stash from Wiliam this week.  My guess is that he lives in the great state of Washington.  I can't wait to put the ingredients to good use.  Willam was kind enough to share a recipe for the pistachios, olive oil, and blueberry vinegar.  I also received Yakima Applewood smoked sea salt and OMG! Sweet & Smoky Marinade and BBQ sauce.  Gotta love that name.

Better than that box o' broken  stuff you got from me a couple of years ago eh darlin' ?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options

Steven, I still remember the day that big box arrived.  I couldn't believe it.  I had hit the trifecta and gone to heaven! 

I didn't have to buy another rub or sauce for a year, lol.  I wouldn't mind it you drew my name in the Elfster exchange every year.  You are are such a sweetie.

• Little Steven
    Options
    I never did replace that HP sauce did I?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Noooooooooooo.  But you can make amends.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Mine arrives on Monday! I think I'm more excited than my elf is! :D
    haha no sir, someone is going to go insane when they open your box, I saw the picture before you took it down  ;)

XLBGE 
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Big thanks to my elf for some great looking stuff. Really cool that you know bub b q, I saw him on barbeque pit masters! Thanks a lot, can't wait to try them out!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Little Steven
    Options
    Who was your elf Jason?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• michigan_jason
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Who was your elf Jason?
    Ohh, I was confused as if to let everyone know or not, it is none other than SmokeyPitt!

Thanks again Jason!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Who was your elf Jason?
    Ohh, I was confused as if to let everyone know or not, it is none other than SmokeyPitt!

Thanks again Jason!
    Glad it all made it in one piece!  I did the packing myself so I was a little concerned ;).  Enjoy! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Yeah I did my packing too. I wasn't concerned until I saw them "toss" it on the conveyer belt....

Dear elf, I will send another package if mine gets busted.

Drunkedky,
    Santa
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • michigan_jason
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think we are supposed to send out teasers now, so here is mine..... 100% Michigan made, hope my Elf likes them!

• cazzy
    edited June 2013
    Options

I think we are supposed to send out teasers now, so here is mine..... 100% Michigan made, hope my Elf likes them!

Some people have put out teasers, even me, but I removed mine, as did others.

The head Idea Guy said it's a bad idea, and I'm ashamed to say that I agree with him.

• Little Steven
    Options
    Me too. And I think MCN is a bit of a jerk myself.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    Options
    Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow!
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow

Have you done the wings yet with the Hot Pepper Raspberry Chipotle Sauce?
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

It's my time to say a big thank you to my elf Paqman.  Chris, your generosity is tremendous and I'm touched.  We really liked the letter you sent with the goodies!  Wilma wanted to know if you travel the two hours twice a year just for the sandwiches and rubs at Schwartz's or do you go there when you're in the area for another reason?  The picture you included of the smoked meat sandwich has got me wondering if a trip to Montreal would be worth it!  Here's some pix!

Chris and Julie, thank you again for the cool stuff!  We can tell you guys had a lot of fun putting the package together through your letter and we had fun reading it.

Your friends, Bob "Fred19Flintstone" & Patty "Wilma"

Flint, Michigan
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I still love this thread. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Me too. And I think MCN is a bit of a jerk myself.

:x :x :x :x

Oh Steve, your so kind

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @michigan_jason

what is your sauce sitting on?

XLBGE 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone - You are a "lucky dog" to coin a NASCAR phrase. To me, Schwartz's is one of the best. Hope you enjoy them, I'm sure you will. The french fry seasoning is fantastic on frizzled onions. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I can't wait to break open those jars and try them all! I play no favorites, I want to open the bags too!
    Flint, Michigan
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    @MrCookingNurse

It is sitting on intel core 2 duo and core 2 quad processors. I brought the package down to my basement where I work because I thought it was just some laptops being delivered or some computer parts. To my pleasant surprise it was not! It totally made my day!

• MrCookingNurse
    Options

@MrCookingNurse

It is sitting on intel core 2 duo and core 2 quad processors. I brought the package down to my basement where I work because I thought it was just some laptops being delivered or some computer parts. To my pleasant surprise it was not! It totally made my day!

Nice, that what I thought.

XLBGE