Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

PLEASE HELP NEW FIRERING ?

Hello guys ive just purchased my new large egg and have just read the assembly instructions and the yellow instruction sheet said to place the fire ring in with the rounded notches up for the small,med and large eggs and the square new style notches up for the extra large egg only?? I thought the newer eggs all had the square notched fire-ring with the square notches facing up? I bought a three legged spider but now i'm not sure if i should have gotten the five legged spider?

So does anyone have the new fire-ring style for the large egg with the square notches of the fire-ring facing up?

I hope its not only the extra large that has the square notches of the fire-ring facing up!!! Maybe the instructions were not updated?

thanks.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
·

Comments

• bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 332
    I have the new style and I use it with the square notches up. No problems so far.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Square notches go up to match the platesetter legs.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    Awesome thanks.....bge need to update the assembly sheet it freaked me out seeing i had a three legged spider and 13 in cast iron grid to sear on!!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·