Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turkey & Corn on Cob

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Cooked an 11 lbs fresh turkey today. Used Simon & Garfunkle rub from AmazingRibs.com. Was planning on cooking 325 grate but end up being closer to 375-400 (2 year old distraction factor). Pulled at 170 internal.

Corn was misted with EVOO, salt, pepper and DP.

Sides of watermelon and a (store bought) salad.

Turkey was good but not as moist as some I've Egged. All in all, not bad though considering I only got back in town at 1:00 this afternoon.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 705.8K
image.jpg 1000.9K
image.jpg 919.6K
·

Comments

• LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Where you been? Looks good!
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 560
    Looks awesome!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    @LizzieSamps - I was in Colorado for work. It's funny, but when I travel for work (which I do often), I'm almost resentful I'm not home Egging!
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    You said "fresh turkey" did you brine it??
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    @Charlie tuna - no, I didn't brine it...just didn't have time. By fresh I mean it was labeled that way and not frozen. No idea what difference fresh vs frozen might make, this is what SWMBO picked up from store.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I have been brining my fresh local chickens and the difference is "big time" moist, and i want to try it on a fresh unbrined turkey to see if it makes the same difference in turkey??  I don't think i'll find a fresh unbrined turkey until the holidays???  Your has some nice color, for sure!
    ·