Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turkey & Corn on Cob

edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Cooked an 11 lbs fresh turkey today. Used Simon & Garfunkle rub from Was planning on cooking 325 grate but end up being closer to 375-400 (2 year old distraction factor). Pulled at 170 internal.

Corn was misted with EVOO, salt, pepper and DP.

Sides of watermelon and a (store bought) salad.

Turkey was good but not as moist as some I've Egged. All in all, not bad though considering I only got back in town at 1:00 this afternoon.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 705.8K
image.jpg 1000.9K
image.jpg 919.6K

• LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Where you been? Looks good!
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 577
    Looks awesome!
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,174
    @LizzieSamps - I was in Colorado for work. It's funny, but when I travel for work (which I do often), I'm almost resentful I'm not home Egging!
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    You said "fresh turkey" did you brine it??
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,174
    @Charlie tuna - no, I didn't brine it...just didn't have time. By fresh I mean it was labeled that way and not frozen. No idea what difference fresh vs frozen might make, this is what SWMBO picked up from store.
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I have been brining my fresh local chickens and the difference is "big time" moist, and i want to try it on a fresh unbrined turkey to see if it makes the same difference in turkey??  I don't think i'll find a fresh unbrined turkey until the holidays???  Your has some nice color, for sure!